Monday 10 February 2014

The Glendalough Weekend. The trip of friendship :D

2.7.2014   yesterday, Friday. This time, even though I don’t sleep and had a 10 am, didn’t even try to get up early to do anything. I gave up on that after the first attempt. After my class, which feels very useless, but won’t be once the exam comes around, I met with my professor he’s a really chill guy and a red head. I thought his exams and his teaching would be the same but the class just seems more and more not worth going because he posts all of the notes and besides some jokes, he follows them exactly. I went to his office to go over the 3 homework problems he told us we could too, they were optional. I tried it and didn’t get any. I showed him and he like didn’t even see that I did it even though; I had all the work done in my notebook on the same page. He told me this is how you should do it and was telling me where I should look and what to do to learn it but didn’t show me HOW to do it...I could’ve used that time to just teach myself then. Then, he started explaining to me his life and stuff which I love because I love talking to Irish people and getting to know them. But yes, I felt like crying after meeting with him and was getting anxiety about how I was going to learn this all in time for the exam. And what I needed to know because it seemed, from the weird noises he made, that I sounded like a dumbass and he couldn’t figure out how I didn’t know this "common sense". Well, left there because he had a coffee date and thorn went to get my 60 dollar package :) turns out I didn’t really need any of the stuff sent except the shirts mommy sent me so I felt really bad about that. And, all the things I asked for, I don’t think the majority was in there ha-ha but omg loved the dehydrated bananas love them! But again, feel bad it was 60 bucks, I mean I feel bad buying 3 buck coffees, which I should, but this is like a waste. Womp womp.
   I had some lunch and wanted to go to the city prepare for the weekend food wise. This time, without a bike.

I’m continuing this on Sunday and I am writing about Friday. Don’t hurt me but I am a little behind. But ya, so I went into town and it was nice to be able to just walk around and for some reason, I felt like I could find some things to do. I first wanted to go get a scone from KilKenny, which I have now made my thing every time I come into town on Sundays and can’t think of anything else to do, but I stopped at a shop. It was a wool shop, and I pass it every time and every time, I go in. I don’t know why. Maybe it is because I love trying to figure out what I should bring home that can really tell people what Ireland is known for. I went in and I started talking to a girl that works there. She told me so much! And that she went to Trinity College because that is where her dad worked and all this stuff. She was so easy to talk to. I also noticed that it is not that big of a thing to actually take school seriously. For her, the last 2 years actually counted towards her GPA, which is actually unusual for Ireland, it is usually just the last year. To me, both of those concepts are unusual. So she asked me how I like it and where I have gone and she told me exactly where to go and eat and everything, because I seem to be stuck on these 2 streets, St Stephan’s Green and Graton Street. Time to explore! I found myself at the first place she told me to go and along the way; I saw some cute shoe stores (I really want some half sized boots) and then passed Cornucopia. Every time I ask an Irish person where to eat, and then say I am vegetarian, they tell me to go there but I have never realized that I didn’t know where it was. They made it seem so obvious. So, I finally found it! However, still not so much my style. All the food was vegan, but I wasn’t so into it because it was prepared or already made and I am not a huge fan of that. It was still cute. Then I continued to the market Arcade. Don’t be fooled, it’s not an arcade but it is kind of like a flea market, but indoors. There was a froyo place there but it only had 4 flavors and I really didn’t like it. It tasted like heavy cream or something. It was called, Yogism. Funny name, no? Well, I continued and still frolicked through the streets to random shops. I also found that there are A LOT of baby shops. This could also be because I search for them because I want to find something for Quinny. Honestly, I think at that point I was reread to go back, unpack some stuff, get some food and then get ready to go to the bowling scuba/snorkeling outing. Once I got home, I was so hungry. Also, all I wanted to do was sit in my room because it was raining. I knew I should’ve gone to the bowling party, but I didn’t know anyone really going and I had no idea how to get there. I feel like I need someone to push me or know someone on campus to go with me. I honestly don’t think I missed anything by not going though, because it seemed like maybe only 10 people showed up, if that. I didn’t see but the event only showed like that many people and I was one of them. I also was getting up early the next morning to go to Glendalough. Before I went to bed, I got to talk to Adam and he has been really nice lately. Making me miss him. It’s weird because I know we talk every day, but every day here doesn’t seem like 1 day, it seems like 3. So when I don’t talk to him, it seems like a LONG time. Anyways, I love it here as always.

2.8.2014
            Seaerday. You ready for this? I woke up and went with my roommate to the Glendalough trip. I was kind of confused because I was almost positive it said to be at the hotel (not on campus) at 9 but she said that I we had to be there at 845. It seemed like she was kind of frustrated but I was still on time, for thinking that it was at 9. Anyways, we started walking and I, being my happy self, kept talking and she was not having it. She said, “Sorry for not talking, it’s just hard for me at night and in the mornings. I just don’t talk much”. She’s having boyfriend troubles. I felt bad, but honestly, I think this is the best time, because you can be occupied and what not. And it was also the first time I felt like I was bonding with one of my roommates without one of them throwing up.
            I was nervous about this trip because all of Cuse friends went to London and I had no one to go with except my roommate I didn’t know that well and was not so interested in. Once I got there, I saw Karolina, and while I was waving at her, some girl like intercepted the wave and thought I was waving at her. Honestly, she looked familiar but had no idea who it was. So I felt bad and walked up to her. We started talking and then I remembered it was the girl I met at Merry Ploughboy that was from Chicago. We started talking and Karolina joined, and honestly, from that point on, me, Karolina and Kathleen (now that I found out her name) didn’t stop talking. It was absolutely amazing! I found out that Kathleen likes to run and she is doing a half marathon during reading week in Madrid! It works out PERFECTLY with my schedule that Chelsea made me, and maybe Chelsea can even come because that is also the only place Nicki will go. I was actually freaking out because trips were working out so well. And to be frank, Kathleen was the best friend I always wanted at Cuse, someone that I could go home to Chicago with and have something in common with from school. To be able to talk about experiences like this. I just couldn’t believe it.
            We got off at the first place. It was raining and as we entered this mountain, there was a very welcoming puddle. We started hiking up the mountain in rain, my shoes were soaking and it was very windy. But I wasn’t going to stop because that meant, that the trip would just no the worth it. I continued until I reached a point on the mountain that I thought I might blow away and started feeling claustrophobic. I also thought even my tablet was going to fly away and I was not going to have that. There was more to go, but nope, stood my ground. Then I headed back down. I took so many pictures of the open green landscape. It is exactly as you would think with the green squares of land and stuffs. The wind was moving the tablet so much that I took so many pictures and just hoped they would all come out. We got back on the bus, I think 45 minutes early and everyone was back on quick, I think just because of the weather. We headed to Glendalough. I was still wet and cold, so the first thing we did was to go get some coffee and tea. It was what I needed to be ready for this hike else I didn’t think I would make it. We started off at a cemetery and then kept walking along a stream and then to a lake and then continuing to huge trees! It was all so beautiful, but I think I have seen prettier scenery, but this was all so different. So green and refreshing. Again, Karolina, Kathleen and I kept talking the entire time and they didn’t judge me and I found that they both talk just as much as me and Karolina doesn’t care what other people think and I just love it! I don’t care what other people think and I love finding people that have the same feelings, they’re blunt and just tell it like it is. I really respect that. I think it makes things more difficult if someone does something to be nice to the other when they are just going to have a shitty time by thinking they are being a better friend, when in the end, everyone is going to have a shitty time because the one person in having a bad time so that the other one is happy, but the happy one will be sad because the other one is having a shitty time. Whatever, makes sense in my head. Well, with Karolina’s OCD, we got back to the bus about 10 minutes early, which is not the Sher way, but that’s alright. We did a lot of walking. Then, we waiting about 45 minutes, when I found out that we were waiting for another group of people that weren’t back yet. I HATE waiting for people. I don’t mind if they wait for me, but I don’t like waiting for others. Especially this long. Well, I found out later, one of them were my roommates, that’s awkward, but dude….Anyways, one of the buses left without them so that we could stay on track with time. We stopped about 25 minutes away from campus at a little town, and I mean little. It had like 0 shops. Here, we ate (I didn’t eat because it was like chicken or beef stew with rice or curry….vegetarian) while watching the Rugby game and then walked around to look at the little weird shops. Nothing too interesting except an Irish looking London payphone. We had nothing really to do. I bought some bananas cause I was hungry had like 3 and we got back to the campus by 530 PM. That is actually insane! I thought we would be back a little later but I was really surprised we made it back so fast. On the way back, this girl Ellie, a cheerleader from Villanova, overheard me talking about trampolining and then we all started talking. Small world, my roommate hung out with her that night and she goes to school with one of Karolina’s friends. Well, we talked to her too and she was also mad chill. I went back, made me some dinner and watched Silver Linings Playbook. So good! Then I hung out with Karolina while she looked up flight information and I tried doing homework and Skyped mommy. I did actually get some work done but I kind of wish we actually did something. It was Kathleen’s 21st birthday too! So I thought she might do something but it turned out she just fell asleep or something. Also, I asked my roommate if she wanted to do something with Ellie and to text me, but she never did but she did go out with her without me. Wahhh. When I got home Karolina did text me and thanked me for hanging with her while she did nothing. It was so cute. It was funny because I kept telling her what a great time I had today and how excited I was that I found someone I could enjoy time with and she felt the same way. Oh so happy. She is so cute! So Polish and so OCD but that could be a good thing J

Talked to Adam before bed again. He makes me not able to sleep when he says cute things awwww. Ew. Feelings gross. I had to get up early for snorkeling in 7 hours. Goodnight!

2.9.2014
This morning tis the day to go snorkeling! Since I didn’t go out last night, I was ready to wake up early this morning and go for a run before I had to leave for snorkeling t 11. This was the first time I went running on the weekend since, just about the summer….which I actually didn’t go over the summer so last academic year. I felt great that I could change my ways.
            When I came back, I started packing my bag for scuba. I got my fins, weight belt, wet suit and wet suit leotard. Everything, then I looked at my phone and found that the trip was cancelled due to bad weather. When I read that, I was so confused because it was typical Ireland weather, actually better! The sun was out and it was kind of calming. It turns out though, the bay was not safe to swim in because the current was so strong and apparently, it was bad where we were going to go. I was bummed because all of my friends went to London and I was going to have a great weekend, but now it changed. But at least I got a run in?
            When I got back, I had lunch and talked to Karolina and Kathleen and asked if they wanted to go into town and do nothing. I was down. Kathleen was already there and I was going to meet her on O’Connell street. I didn’t want to wait for Karolina so I asked her to meet us but she never did. I found Kathleen at Penney’s. This place was like forever 21 but better because it had everything for sooooo cheap! I loved it! That’s where I found some feetsies; onesies. Life was good. But Kathleen seemed to kind of be in a rush and since I really had nowhere to be and didn’t care where to go, we left, but I really wanted to leave and get into town. We left the area, but I guess it was where everyone calls the center of Dublin and I really didn’t look too much into this place till now and now I know I have more to explore! YES!!
            We kept walking around with no place to really go, and walked into small little local cute stores. Then, we got some food for home, and then wanted to watch the Rugby match. We initially went to Sonnets, the place the Cuse people went for the super bowl. Too packed and claustrophobic according to Kathleen so we left and went to Porter House. I really liked this place. Kathleen ordered a beer. I found out they brew all of their own beer, which seemed pretty wild to me. My mind was blown. Then, she wanted to leave. I was ready to keep going if I wanted, but once we got back she wanted to take a nap. It seems like she is kind of into doing her own thing and I was kind of confused but whatever.
            I went home and made some food. I made the soup, actually just boiled some celery which I really liked and actually finished it all already! And then some dinner. After, I started working on work I needed to get done. I started on my essay for Spanish. I thought, since all we do is straight write down everything he says in class maybe that would help. All I would have to do is write exactly what he said. So, I started for a couple hours and hoped I was doing the right thing. Once I got into class on Monday, I found out all of the work I did was EXACTLY what he didn’t want! That was a joke. It was going to have to push me to do something I wasn’t used to. I was ready and now intrigued. Well, at 10 PM Adam and I finally got to Skype! We talked for like an hour and a half. I also realized in this time that I think I might be pretty dumb. I felt stupid. We were talking about the movie Gravity and I really didn’t like it because I couldn’t believe it because people don’t come back from space alive. Turns out, they do. I don’t know I guess I am not very educated about this topic. Adam couldn’t tell if I was kidding or not, I just left him with that and continued. Well, I was ready for bed but still needed to write my Blog stuff and also I kept talking to Adam through messaging. Didn’t get to bed until 1 so I really didn’t want to go to class at 9. Decided against that. And then also realized that he is having a review of that class because a lot of people will be missing for some trip. I am just going to go there.

Well, no sleep and talking to Adam, I was ready to start the week, which doesn’t feel like a week, just a continuous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment