Thursday 13 February 2014

I love food! and rock climbing!

2.12.14
            Wednesday. Yup, well, that class I thought I had on Monday that I missed and I thought I could go to class today was actually cancelled on Wednesday haha. My bad, the makeup is tomorrow (I didn’t end up going). I feel like when I go to class, he is a realer funny professor, and he mumbles to himself so really hilarious quotable things, but he reviews things that are of almost no importance. He stresses things that aren’t importance for the exam either which is annoying.
            Anyways, I woke up to perhaps go running, but then I got up and if I remember right, it was raining a little. Actually, a little a LOT! It was a little nutso outside, but then it shaped up. I worked on some work, my Spanish project and then I had my next class, Spanish. This Spanish class reviews the port, Machado. It’s like a joke, he reads some poems and you write EVERYTHING he says down. Which isn’t that interesting but now I think the poet is interesting but it’s by his words, not mine? Anyways, I went to do some work at the Global Lounge to watch the Olympics, but it was closed because there was a seminar on study habits. Well, I got talked into staying, so I did but what a waste of time. But I don’t think that seminar would have gone ANYWHERE without me. I answered every question. No one talked except me. It was about how to pay attention and it was funny, because he was saying he could tell who was but I was doing my Differential equations homework the entire time to make my time useful.
            I met with my Spanish professor to review my work for the essay we have to turn in. Surprisingly, my work was ok! PS I tried writing the essay on Sunday and wrote it for about 3 hours, you know your typical, the is a book written by this man and here shih life. I went to class the next day and that was exactly what he didn’t want. A joke. Well, I got an alright! Then, my professor said go find a Spaniard, hug them and become friends with them.
            I came back to my room to get some stuff done, especially after my seminar teaching me how to focus. I was prepared, but then I started talking to Chelsea. That’s when my attention span goes way down haha. We start talking about things that are important, and traveling, and all of this is just so fun to talk about.
            Off to my next class, this is also Spanish. The presentation that was supposed to be given Monday was given today because the people didn’t show up to present. Ummm can you do that? It was about big and little businesses. I tried participating because that’s my grade, but it’s pretty embarrassing because I don’t think I even make sense.
            After, I met with my group. I started the entire presentation myself. Then, I walkway with Liam to the bus stop. It was freaking CRAZYYYYY outside! The wind and the rain and everything. But I was going to be home doing nothing in my room and I thought, why not just go into town and buy food or something, which I needed.
            On the bus, I saw a man, Kevin, which was wearing a Triathlon jacket. I asked him if he did them and then we talked for like 30 minutes about his life and how he trains twice a day for the ironman! Loved it! He works at UCD and did his undergrad in electrical engineering and now his Post Doc in bioengineering. Oh, it was just great. Again, meeting Dubliners is so fun!
            So, I got off the bus and immediately started finding cheap prices for food. I find that so much fun and don’t know why. I like to compare everywhere. I think I started at SUPERVALU, and then Penney’s (the really cheap clothing everything store I thought was so cool on Sunday, but found it was overrated), then to Jervis (an indoor mall that was closed – but then stole a banana because there was a smoothie stand with all fresh fruit and no one working but no one was there) and then went to LIDL and Dealz, and then (although planned to go to Tesco), finished at Aldi. I bought mostly everything there. I think it was my first time there. I don’t really support it because of mommy and daddy. Came home and made some food and then did some work for Spanish (again working hard after that seminar) and then went to bed by 12. That was great! I am trying to go to bed around then now.

2.13.14
            This morning I was thinking to get up early to go running, but I quickly decided to try and get some sleep for my class at 10. So I got up for that, and asked the professor some questions, which again seems like professors don’t get that question and can’t believe when people ask for help. Anyways, I went on a run and it was a little windy but not too bad. Then, maybe insanity, but decided against that too….
            Had lunch and then got more done for my Spanish project, but that didn’t happen because I worked on my scholarship. I also heard from my internship with the Abrasive engineering people! But I don’t know what to think of it because I don’t know what to do. And I haven’t heard back from Argonne. And then I also saw on LinkedIn that I heard back from the guy from Life Fitness! BTW this morning, before I knew any of this, I messaged mommy and told her I was nervous about what I am going to do over the summer haha
            My class was with the professor that sags his pants without knowing. I walked in and saw him and even started laughing. I think this time we even got a little bit of his butt. He is such a joke. It’s hilarious! Everyone knows it too. You ask him a question, and he doesn’t answer it but goes on for 20 minutes about something else.
            We continued with his project which takes us forever and is just annoying. This is a 3 hour class for designing. Then, I finally asked the TAs (who took the class before) if they actually look at our work…I mean this professor doesn’t even know how to put a belt on. And they told me that they don’t think he even looks at it. No idea. He said the funniest thing today, "I am going to the sun, but its OK because it will be at night time". Well, I had rock climbing to get too, so this was going to be put on the back burner. Unfortunately, I am going to Cork tomorrow, so I won’t be able to take the time to finish but I’ll do it somehow.
            Off to rock climbing. I’m still sore. But I went with Ana, but I found that it’s kind of scary with her and I love going with Karolina better. Then I bouldered some and then took a break because my arms are still sore from 2 days ago. I skipped trampolining because it’s at the same time as all of my other clubs.

            After I went to the gym and did a 30 minute workout. I felt like I was doing 2 a day’s today. I actually like splitting it up. Well, then I went home and finished that freaking presentation and it feels AMAZING! And now packing for cork and off to bed J GNight. And its only 1130…so I’ll watch gymnastics Worlds 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment